Medical Billing Specialist
- Utilize personal and professional skills to represent R3 by verifying correct coding and entering medical claims in EHR system
Duties and responsibilities
- Effectively communicate with insurance companies to verify patient billing
- Responsible for scanning, faxing and emailing billing documents as needed
- Complete Billing audits (monthly or as needed)
- Create weekly reports as required and distribute accordingly
- Complete projects/task by assigned deadline
- Effectively communicate with clinic administrators as needed regarding patient/physician office updates and concerns
- Understand and follow proper billing procedures
- Comply with all patient privacy and HIPAA rules
- Enter charges accurately and on a timely manner to ensure proper records handling and fast payment processing.
- Research and provide insight on any billing issues that may arise
- Understand managed care authorizations and limits to coverage such as the number of visits or medical policy and patients benefit plan
- Review patient charts to ensure billing code accuracy
- Ability to locate ICD10 diagnosis, and CPT treatment codes from online sources or traditional coding references utilizing the patient’s medical records.
- Processing and applying patient payment plans.
- Knowledgeable about the insurance and reimbursement process
- Create weekly deposit batch
- Upload EOBs and $0 pay statements
- Maintain the Provider Log in a timely manner
- Special projects as assigned
- Must have a professional and positive demeanor
- Medical coding certification is preferred
- Must have 3 years of medical billing experience required
- Self-starter who works well independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be proficient in organization and multitasking
- Must be proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, Payor portals, and referencing payor policies
Reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager